Maraging Steel MS1 is a martensite-hardenable steel. Its chemical composition corresponds to US classification 18% Ni Maraging 300, European 1.2709 and German X3NiCoMoTi 18-9-5. This kind of steel is characterized by having excellent strength combined with high toughness. The parts are easily machinable after the building process and can be easily post-hardened to more then 50 HRC. They also have excellent polishability.
- Easily machinable
- Age hardenable up to approx. 54 HRC
- Good thermal conductivity
- Series injection moulding, also for high volume production
- Other tooling applications, e.g. aluminium die casting
- High performance parts, e.g. for aerospace applications