EOS CobaltChrome MP1 produces parts in a cobalt-chrome-molybdenum-based superalloy. This class of superalloy is characterized by having excellent mechanical properties (strength, hard-ness etc.), corrosion resistance and temperature resistance. Such alloys are commonly used in biomedical applications such as dental and medical implants (note: widely used in Europe but much less so in North America), and also for high-temperature engineering applications such as in aero engines.
- High strength, temperature and corrosion resistance
- Mechanical properties improve with increased temperature up to 500-600 °C
- Chemistry conforms to the composition UNS R31538 of high carbon CoCrMo alloy
- Nickel-free (< 0.1 % nickel content)
- Fulfils the mechanical and chemical specifications of ISO 5832-4 and ASTM F75 for cast CoCrMo implant alloys
- High-temperature engineering applications, e.g. turbines, medical implants